- Sign into your Namecheap account
- Select Domain List from the left sidebar
- Click the Manage button next to your selected domain
- Find the Nameservers section
- Select CustomDNS option from the drop-down menu of the Nameservers section
- Edit the nameservers:
- For Name Server 1, enter dns1.trexecom.com
- For Name Server 2, enter dns2.trexecom.com
- Click on the green checkmark on the right side to save the changes
- Check on google where your domain shows
- Check the settings of the DNS at www.intodns.com
Step 8 notes:
DNS changes do not happen instantly.
It may take about 48 hours for DNS changes to propagate.
Until the DNS are changed, when you google your domain it will show DNS pointing to NameCheap default page.
Once your DNS are changed and pointed to T-rex, then when you google your domain it will show like a broken URL - “it is temporarily down”. It will show broken URL until your T-rex mega store is setup.
Step 9 notes:
To check if you have successfully pointed your DNS to T-rex go to www.intodns.com .
Enter your domain name in the box and it will show you if your DNS have updated correctly yet.
If intodns.com says your DNS have not been set to T-rex yet, than you need to go back to Namecheap and change the DNS (or write to Namecheap live support to help you live)
Step 4 and step 5
Thank you to Sonja Bendz for contributing this article and giving us permission to use it.