Pinterest Image Tracking
If you are setting up a Pinterest for Business account, you will need to confirm your website.
Please Note: T-REX Support does not offer support for Pinterest. These instructions are provided as a courtesy for people who choose to confirm their website with Pinterest. You must be willing and able to manage these steps on your own.
Confirm Your Website
Pinterest offers two options for confirming your website. We have instructions for the 2nd option.
"Upload an HTML file
Step 1: Get the file
Step 2: Upload this file to your website
Upload this HTML file to your web server at the root folder (don't upload to a subfolder or we won't be able to access it). Root folder names vary by provider—common ones are public_html, www, or wwwroot.
Be sure not to rename the file when you upload it to your server, since we'll be looking for an exact name match. For example, if you download pinterest-9d541.html, we won't recognize it if you upload it with a different name, like pinterest-9d541-1.html.
Step 3: Finish setting up
Go back to Pinterest and click Finish (we’ll automatically check the file and confirm your site)"
WordPress - Steps to Upload the file to your website (For Step 2 above)
1) Download the Google-generated html file to your computer.
2) Log into CPanel (yourdomain.com/cpanel)
3) Click on File Manager
4) Click the public_html folder to open it
5) Select the Upload button
6) Upload the Pinterest HTML file that you saved on your computer
7) You should see a "100%" red status bar showing that the upload was complete.
8) Optionally, click the "Go Back to "home..." link and view the contents of the "public_html" folder to make sure the Pinterest html file is there.
9) Continue with the Pinterest instructions