How do I verify my domain for Facebook?
There are two options for validating your domain. DNS configuration is one. The HTML file upload is the other and it's easier.
HTML file upload
"The HTML File Upload tab of your selected domain provides the HTML verification file you need to upload to your website.
- Download the HTML verification file.
- Upload the file to the root directory of your website. You will be able to see that it is uploading at the link provided in the HTML File Upload tab.
- Once it is done, click the Verify button at the bottom of the HTML File Verification tab for the selected domain.
- Leave the HTML verification file in your website's root directory as it may be checked periodically for verification purposes."
Steps to Upload the File
1) Log into CPanel (yourdomain.com/cpanel)
2) Select File Manager
3) Select the public_html folder
4) Select the Upload option
5) Click the Select File button
6) Select the file you downloaded from Facebook and upload it.
Refer back to the Facebook instructions